Friday, April 27, 2012

Bahn..huff!

It has been almost a month I take Commuter Line and frankly it still amazes me how we are so "understanding" with the inconvenience. I have to take the CL to other destination first just to get a seat because when the train arrives in the station where I'm located, it's already difficult to enter, especially with this "voluminous" body. And not everyone is gladly offering her seat to pregnant lady. Some stare and just close their eyes, even purposely ignore (Come on, woman, can't you see the protruding belly right in front of your nose? You saw me! And you are a woman, you know how uneasy this phase is). You know what, sometimes I ask directly to the ladies to get me a seat he he. And the chance of getting sour face is 50-50. That's why I decide to do the "go to other direction strategy" so I can get a seat without troubling anyone. The fact is, there are special seats for pregnant ladies, elders, mom with kids and handicapped people. When get to that seat I bluntly ask for a seat, because it is my right, if I may say that. The funny thing is, the doors to those seats don't have any additional step to enter or exit, and some train stations still have low platform. So, if I have to exit from that nearest door, the platform is so far below that sometimes I have to sit first on the train floor just to get my feet on the ground. Otherwise I couldn't reach it. Normal ladies just jump. I couldn't, or the baby will be delivered right on the spot...
Huff...
     

No comments: